I have several RC 98k's and over the years have always kept an eye out for parts I could exchange to make my rifles more correct. I don't expect to ever find correctly marked matching number parts but I have been fairly successful at correctly matching manufacturers.

I have previously swapped bolts in several rifles (always assuring headspace is correct). Today I replaced the bolt in a 42 (Oberndorf) 1940 dated rifle. The bolt that was in it had all the markings scrubbed and the bolt I put in has the s/n scrubbed but is otherwise a nicely marked WaA655 bolt. The fully scrubbed bolt had functioned with no problems. The WaA655 bolt goes into the receiver just as you would expect it to, but when it is opened and pulled to the rear the back side of the left locking lug stops on the ejector. Apparently, the ejector aligns with the bolt for insertion but does not align for removal. When the ejector box is opened the bolt will move to the rear as it should. I have never previously encountered this issue. It looks as if some tweaking of the ejector should solve the problem, but this is a new one for me. Has anyone else encountered this?
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.