I tore down the trigger housing group on my Underwood (the one that was Mash Az re-import) to fill out a data sheet. It is a type III Inland housing, and EVERYTHING is correct for an Inland Type III before the switch to type V housing. only the sear and mag catch are definitely 3100000 or later, which is type III housing range still. The only part that was not was the flip safety (marked EI). Finishes are a mix of blued, white, and parked.

I have replaced the safety with an EW type three because I prefer it, and the mag catch with a Type IV because I use 30 rounders.

In it's rebuild after the war, is it possible it just had an Inland trigger group on the Underwood barrel/receiver group, and only the flip safety replaced?

The slide is a Type VI inland, and it has a war time, round Inland bolt group with no oil hole. Even the type III band is Inland, if I remember. Obviously the bolt, slide, and barrel band are not original to the trigger group, but the trigger group seems intact.

The Underwood was in a NPM type III Trimble stock with no arsenal rebuild stamp, though.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.