Hey boys, I just recently purchased a Model 44 MN. I had been bubba's bit, in that the bolt handle was changed to an ATI sporter type, and a receiver scope mount was added. The bayonet is gone, although the mount is still there.
The bluing on this is excellent, the stock is great, and the barrel appears to be tight. A 308" projectile is far from being able to fit. The rifle is stamped 1955, and there is circle with the number "11" stamped inside of it. I believe it is a Polish model, therefore a 7.62 x 54r, as opposed to the 53r. I would not think judging from the appearance of it that this rifle made it to any war. I do not plan to make any more changes to it, and do not want to add on the bayonet as I would like to use it to hunt.
This is opposing any initial plans to sporterize it. It will remain as is.
I have also been reloading and bullet casting for about 25 years. My question is, will 308 diameter bullets shoot adequately and accurately in this rifle, although I know I would probably get better accuracy from the 310-311 or 312 bullets.
Does the bayonet make a difference or could I accurize it without the bayonet. I am knew to this rifle and would appreciate any imput.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.