I bought this nice 4.5M postage stamp IHC at the Maumee Valley Gun Collector's Show about a year back. The rifle was all correct except the wood. I asked the guy that had it, "How much?" He replied, "$1100.00" I had to tell him, "All I have is $1000.00 and some lunch money." His reply was, "I could use some lunch money." So I counted out everything I had and it came to $1015.38 and he took it. I bummed lunch off an understanding friend.

The rifle is in amazing condition with it's original LMR barrel that has a mirror bore and measures .5 at the muzzle. But as I said, it had a Overton repacement stock with a square P proof mark in the pistol grip. I spent the last year haunting the CMPicon North Store looking for a rifle with an IHC stock on it. Finally a few month's ago I found a HRA field grade with this IHC stock on it.

The stock had seen some pretty rough use. I gave it to a friend of mine that is an absolute wizard with wood. He pulled most of the dents and dings out, leaving just enough "character" that the stock doesn't look fakey. (If that's a word.) I stained it to darken it and applied some Tung oil.

Now this IHC is all IHC:

Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.