+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sten Machine Carbine Mk II (Mfg by Royal Ordnance Factory, Fazakerley in 1942)

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size

Hybrid View

Last On
    05-14-2024 @ 05:16 PM
    Local Date
    06-12-2024
    Local Time
    04:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Laidlericon View Post
    What is strange about those photos is that the Mk1 mag housing has SECo underneath which is the logo for Sterling Engineering Co............ found on Sten and Lanchester magazines and not on Singer Mk1 guns. Or am I missing something?
    I couldn't point out what I thought was wrong, somthing just didn't quite fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Laidler View Post
    Likewise, the wooden trigger mechanism cover isn't shaped to retain the trigger axis pin and it has a Mk2, much later, magazine catch. And unless I am mistaken, didn't the production Mk1's have the barrel retaining screws going horizontally (the pre productions had them vertically - or vice verca)
    I have no idea, I'll read your book!(Or look at the photos as we know armourers can't read)

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Laidler View Post
    Thanks also for your complimentary comments BP............ unless there's another Armourer here!
    Sorry Peter, I was blowing my own trumpet!!! (I really do wish knew as much as you!)

Oh, and during my research of that Sten, I found it was deac'd by WWA, and theres a rumour they made some Mk1s from parts sourced from the Ishapore plant. This mag housing just happens to have RFI stamped into it.
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.
    Last edited by Brit plumber; 03-28-2010 at 06:29 AM.

+ Reply to Thread