Hybrid View

(Deceased Nov 16th, 2019)

Last On
    01-14-2023 @ 10:08 PM
    Local Date
    09-21-2024
    Local Time
    05:02 PM
    And some find a super nice import, then just change out the barrel. Sell the import barrel to recover some costs. Then the Carbine at a higher price.

If it was all about money, the seller would just part them out. You will get more then selling it whole. Thing is time. Selling a complete carbine is much quicker. Smaller profit, but a shorter time frame.
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.

FREE MEMBER
    NO Posting or PM's Allowed
    Last On
    05-24-2017 @ 07:35 PM
    Local Date
    09-21-2024
    Local Time
    08:02 PM
    I asked this question a few weeks ago. My opinion is I don't mind the import mark. I don't like the reason it is there,but the mark itself is no big deal. It is part of the firearms history now. It shows proof to me that it was somewhere in the world doing what it was intended for. Defending someone. I also like the ones that have been rebuilt it shows me hard use and that it most likley saw action. Then there is the whole "if it could talk thing". Sure the pristine original unmarked ones are pretty but the battleworn one will always get my attention quicker import mark or not.I have two carbines both Inlands with import marks both mixmasters and both in good working condition. The one has a nice m2 stock in the 950,000 serial number range ,but my favorite is the first one I bought in the 6.7 million range. It has an m1 stock on it that to quote a good friend "looks like it was kicked across Iwo Jima". I have a beautiful all original 1917 Eddystone and a Garandicon neither have marks. I don't think either have the bragging rights the carbines do. It's not the guns fault the mark is there so I don't think it makes it any worse of a choice. I also say I would't turn down a potential date because she had a bad tattoo.

3. Avoid Ads - Become a Contributing Member - Click HERE
+ Reply to Thread