Last On
    Today @ 10:17 PM
    Real Name
    CINDERS
    Local Date
    05-29-2024
    Local Time
    11:08 AM
    Money plays an important part rather than piece meal they have an opportunity to get a good toe hold in a single purchase and then move on. I use Redding and Forster now but started with LEE Dies
    I use a Hornady L & L progressive, and have a Lee press with the 3 stage head for my hunting rifles, I once had the digital scales and what a tedious hunk of a way to do stuff even with a powder thrower set .2 grains less no the DPM - 3 is the way of things whilst the Lee scales balance beam is settling the next charge is going in the pan whilst your seating a projectile, I do not use my powder dropper on the lock and load as I cannot afford a third of a grain variation in the loads not for F class anyway.
    The tedious part of my sessions is getting the Hornady concentricity piece and dial gauge out and getting the runnout to .001 ~ .000 as .003 is not cutting it.

Sorry you had a bad experience with LEE dies BAR all mine were good they are still there as a back up as I have been known to junk a 308 Forster FLS die 6 months ago it was for my wifes rifle oooops now we cannot get one from Brownells well thats what my LGS says as I have had it ordered for that long my wife also reminds me quite often when she uses the Redding FLS, they never forget might buy her some flowers....

Bar I think I said that before in the thread you mentioned if you do not set the lees up the progie will just drop straight into the case I know cause it happened to me, they are good in as much you can adjust the neck tension without having to go to bushing dies. Mind you if you start neck trimming then you do need bushing dies.
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.
    Last edited by CINDERS; 11-05-2015 at 03:29 AM.

+ Reply to Thread