Hybrid View

Last On
    07-28-2020 @ 09:41 PM
    Local Date
    06-02-2024
    Local Time
    11:11 AM
    So I get it the club supposedly had NRA insurance, based on the following:

" I called my insurance company and they said they would cover me...but I said no, I wanted to fight it... so I called the range master and he said they had NRA insurance... but he had no idea how to access it.... so I called the NRA... guess what, you can't get past the phone operator.. I complained so hard they finally let me talk to someone in Political Reform... she told me I was on my own..I could call advertisers in the magazine who might represent me but I would have to pay them...other than that they would not help me...at all... I quickly cancelled my NRA membership and said some things that I am not real proud of...."

In a 30 second on-line search I found.............the NRA insurance site. It was literally the first thing to come up when I searched " Gun Range Liability Insurance" using Bing. Here is the page for the NRA endorsed insurance:

Gun Club Insurance - Comprehensive Protection for your Club Members. Endorsed by the NRA

It would appear the NRA does not offer insurance themselves, but endorses insurance by outside companies. It seems the NRA effort is to provide a large enough pool of folks to make the insurance affordable, as if you were to go to a general carrier you might find that the liability costs to be much higher because they have an insufficient pool to spread the risks over. The insurance companies get a nice pool of clients, the NRA allows their members to get decent coverage at a low cost.

Notice on that page it is quite easy to file a claim. Of course you will require a active policy and it's number. Now if you have that policy number and company, you could go straight to the company. But the NRA makes it quite easy to file a claim directly from their site:

Request a Claim

Now the chap that started this post apparently decided after not getting a phone operator in the political department to have knowledge on insurance to give up after letting the big-bad-NRA know how upset he was. Well I very much doubt he had the policy number, which would have given him the means to contact the company and figure out how to file a claim even if he did not have a computer or know about the hidden mysteries of what is called a "SERACH ENGINE". Now pardon me if I fail to have a great deal of sympathy for his plight, as it seems he did not do any homework at all. He could have contacted someone in the club to get the policy number, if the idea of doing a search online never occurred. he did very little before coming on-line to besmirch the name of the NRA.

So again...I fail to see that the poster has any kind of an issue with the NRA. In fact he is very lucky he was not subject to a lot more harassment by the BLM, based on the story below:

The story behind the Oregon armed standoff

Fact is the fine was just the start of his legal issues. He could have faced criminal penalties as well, it seems the BLM is run by a bunch of power mad ---------. Fact is he should send his congressman a large package of something.
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.

FREE MEMBER
    NO Posting or PM's Allowed
    Last On
    09-23-2019 @ 02:42 PM
    Real Name
    R. Porter Lynch
    Local Date
    06-02-2024
    Local Time
    11:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Frederick303 View Post
    The story behind the Oregon armed standoff. Fact is the fine was just the start of his legal issues. He could have faced criminal penalties as well, it seems the BLM is run by a bunch of power mad ---------
    Frederick, you are correct: This is an unbelievably frightening story of the government gone mad. The idea of Justice, Fairness, and Sense of Proportion has totally out of line. In the Oregon situation, the idea of "Rule of Law" has become Draconian. Law without Compassion, Law without Proportion, Law without Sensibility is not what democracies or American ideals were designed for. How sad we so often come to a point when some government officials forgets their purpose is to serve the people, to preserve our civility, and to encourage people to do the right thing. At a point in US history when more than one male in one hundred is behind bars, we should be questioning the values we teach and profess to the younger generation.

3. Avoid Ads - Become a Contributing Member - Click HERE
Closed Thread