Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size

Hybrid View

Last On
    07-12-2022 @ 03:38 PM
    Local Date
    06-02-2024
    Local Time
    03:11 PM
    Following this post closely because my scope needs repair also. The turrets on my No.32 are frozen and I'd like to get them repaired in the future as well. I was surfing this afternoon on this very topic and came across a reference for a place out of Pennsylvania entitled Sniper Country PX who state:

Scope Repair Service – British No. 32 Sniper Scope

$310.00

No.32 Scope Mechanical Repair
    Repair Service is now offered for WWII and post war British and Canadianicon No.32 scopes, series Mk1, M2, M3 as well as L1A1. Sniper Country PX has arranged with a skilled and experience Armorer to bring your sticky or semi-function WWII era No.4 T Sniper Rifle scope, the No.32 sniper scope, back to life. If you’ve been holding off on repairs due to the fact that currently all scopes have to ship to Englandicon for repair, you need not wait any longer!

An experienced, retired military Armorer will disassemble, clean, repair and IF POSSIBLE, replace broken parts and return the scope to correct operational function. The basic service includes disassembly and cleaning as well a repair of typical issues found with this aging warrior. Additional services will be offered for scopes requiring repair above and beyond Level 1.
    The scope will not need to leave North America. Turn around time can run up to three months as these scopes are hand fitted and sometimes take precise work. Turn around may be less depending on work load and parts availability.

Of course, while I like the idea of the stated price, as well as the fact that it's fairly close to home, I have absolutely NO idea as to their experience nor the quality of their work. My scope and rifle serial #'s match, so I guess you could say I'm not sending it to anyone who doesn't come with creditable references.

So, my question becomes whether or not anyone has any experience with them or knows if they do good work?
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.

Last On
    11-06-2020 @ 09:50 PM
    Local Date
    06-02-2024
    Local Time
    02:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dirigoboy View Post
    Following this post closely because my scope needs repair also. The turrets on my No.32 are frozen and I'd like to get them repaired in the future as well. I was surfing this afternoon on this very topic and came across a reference for a place out of Pennsylvania entitled Sniper Country PX who state:

Scope Repair Service – British No. 32 Sniper Scope

$310.00

No.32 Scope Mechanical Repair
    Repair Service is now offered for WWII and post war British and Canadian No.32 scopes, series Mk1, M2, M3 as well as L1A1. Sniper Country PX has arranged with a skilled and experience Armorer to bring your sticky or semi-function WWII era No.4 T Sniper Rifle scope, the No.32 sniper scope, back to life. If you’ve been holding off on repairs due to the fact that currently all scopes have to ship to Englandicon for repair, you need not wait any longer!

An experienced, retired military Armorer will disassemble, clean, repair and IF POSSIBLE, replace broken parts and return the scope to correct operational function. The basic service includes disassembly and cleaning as well a repair of typical issues found with this aging warrior. Additional services will be offered for scopes requiring repair above and beyond Level 1.
    The scope will not need to leave North America. Turn around time can run up to three months as these scopes are hand fitted and sometimes take precise work. Turn around may be less depending on work load and parts availability.

Of course, while I like the idea of the stated price, as well as the fact that it's fairly close to home, I have absolutely NO idea as to their experience nor the quality of their work. My scope and rifle serial #'s match, so I guess you could say I'm not sending it to anyone who doesn't come with creditable references.

So, my question becomes whether or not anyone has any experience with them or knows if they do good work?
    You might want to check out this thread that I started on the repair of my #32 scope: https://www.milsurps.com/showthread.php?t=66693&page=1

The company you listed got some good reviews, but I ended going a different route.

The moderators do not want me to post Warren"s (the scope repair guy) contact information, but he sent me his card and said he is back in business. If you PM me I will provide his contact information and you can contact him to see if he could repair your scope, or you can contact him through the website in the thread above. My scope required several parts in addition to cleaning, aligning, and colloimating, and the total price was very reasonable even after shipping to Canadaicon and back. This guy still has some of the parts for these scopes to do the repairs with, which is rare to find.
    Last edited by Ernest T; 06-15-2019 at 08:25 PM.

3. Avoid Ads - Become a Contributing Member - Click HERE
+ Reply to Thread