Hybrid View

Last On
    09-30-2020 @ 02:21 PM
    Local Date
    06-25-2024
    Local Time
    04:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bombdoc View Post
    Original drill ammunition was made from bullets with a hollow base......
    Thanks for the info bobmdoc but I am far from new to this game. I've been recovering and preserving WW2 relics for over 25 years now, and am well aware of the UKicon firearms act. Go take a look at my website, as I'm sure it will put your mind at ease...... Stephen Taylor, WW2 Relic Hunter World War 2 Historian, Relic Hunter and expert in identification of WW2 relics .

As for ground dug finds in the UK, I'm afraid your information is not correct. All relics recovered from private land belong to the landowner and not the Crown, unless the area is covered by an active bye-law. Once the bye-law expires, the military relics held within pass to the landowner and, once permission is obtained to search their land, the relics become the property of the finder, asssuming an agreement has been reached with the landowner. I have documented proof of such agreements for every single one of the sites I have recovered WW2 relics from. As for explosive fillings, you are correct, but you have missed out incendiary, armour piercing, incendiary AP and all other such projectiles covered under section 5 1a (g) of the firearms act. Only standard ball and tracer projectiles are legal to possess without a relevant licence. I am pleased to say that, with this knowledge of the act, I have not one single item in my collection that is in contravention of the UK firearms act. But thanks for pointing it out.

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Low & Slow View Post
    Those came out quite nicely. Heck of a task, I'm sure. I still have a tin of the GB 1944 sitting around here somewhere. The other one I had was about 25% click/ bang, or just click. Wound up pulling bullets from a bit of it.
    I'd love to live in the US and not have to only keep inert ammo! But UK laws are quite strict so nothing I possess is live, nor could ever be made live again!

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bombdoc View Post
    ....Just because you unearth a 500KG Lufwaffe bomb in your cabbage patch does not mean you can keep it! ........
    Oh, and one other thing. We did unearth a 500kg bomb. No permission to keep it was necessary from the Crown, or MoD. Just a check by EOD to make sure it wasn't live. This was televised in my show WW2 Treasure Hunters, and is now on display at the museum in Blackpool.

WW2 Treasure Hunters Stephen Taylor, WW2 Relic Hunter
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.
    Last edited by RRPG; 05-24-2020 at 06:25 PM.

+ Reply to Thread