Hybrid View

Last On
    @
    Local Date
    06-13-2024
    Local Time
    10:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovidio View Post
    The Darwin Award winners sometimes can be amazing... As a Christian, I feel a bit ashamed when I lough in front of certain videos, but I can't help. Some things are just too extreme...
    If I'm not wrong, Alfred Einstein said:
    The intelligent man solves problems,
    The wise man avoids them,
    The stupid man, creates them.

So, after all, if there are so many problems in this world, there also must be a reason
    The one I like is F.M. von Hammerstein-Equord:

I distinguish four types: there are clever, hardworking, stupid, and lazy officers. Usually two characteristics are combined. Some are clever and hardworking; their place is the General Staff. The next ones are stupid and lazy; they make up ninety percent of every army and are suited to routine duties. Anyone who is both clever and lazy is qualified for the highest leadership duties, because he possesses the mental clarity and strength of nerve necessary for difficult decisions. One must beware of anyone who is both stupid and hardworking; he must not be entrusted with any responsibility because he will always only cause damage.
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.
    “There are invisible rulers who control the destinies of millions. It is not generally realized to what extent the words and actions of our most influential public men are dictated by shrewd persons operating behind the scenes.”

Edward Bernays, 1928

Much changes, much remains the same.

2. The Following 4 Members Say Thank You to Surpmil For This Useful Post:

Closed Thread