Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size

Hybrid View

Last On
    11-06-2020 @ 09:50 PM
    Local Date
    09-22-2024
    Local Time
    11:19 PM
    Here is a pretty nice K31icon/42 just listed on Simpsons: SWISS ZFK-31/42 SNIPERS CARBINE - Z44844 - United States. Not a bad price, but I prefer the K31/43 for the more powerful scope.

As for cloudy optics. There is a Frenchman by the name of Jean-Louis Lacour who has written a book on the K31/43 scope. The book shows the differences in the K31/42 scope. I highly recommend this book for all K31/42-43 owners. For anyone wanting a copy you can contact him directly and order one. It is reasonably priced even with shipping to the US. His email address is french.joddler@free.fr.

After obtaining a copy of the book I contacted this gentleman and learned that 80% of the cloudiness in these scopes are in the optic lens. Good news is the optic lens is easy to remove and clean. Using the diagrams in the book I removed my optic lens using a small strap wrench, and cleaned it. This removed 90% of the cloudiness in my scope in a matter of 5 minutes. I went from having a scope that was so cloudy that you could only see through it in very bright conditions, to a very clear scope, which makes the gun a pleasure to shoot. Here are a couple of after cleaning photos, wish I had taken a before to show just how cloudy the optic was. You literally could not see through it:

Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.

2. Thank You to Ernest T For This Useful Post:

Last On
    Yesterday @ 08:07 PM
    Real Name
    andy L
    Local Date
    09-22-2024
    Local Time
    11:19 PM
    Did the process make you nervous.? I need mine fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest T View Post
    Here is a pretty nice K31icon/42 just listed on Simpsons: SWISS ZFK-31/42 SNIPERS CARBINE - Z44844 - United States. Not a bad price, but I prefer the K31/43 for the more powerful scope.

As for cloudy optics. There is a Frenchman by the name of Jean-Louis Lacour who has written a book on the K31/43 scope. The book shows the differences in the K31/42 scope. I highly recommend this book for all K31/42-43 owners. For anyone wanting a copy you can contact him directly and order one. It is reasonably priced even with shipping to the US. His email address is french.joddler@free.fr.

After obtaining a copy of the book I contacted this gentleman and learned that 80% of the cloudiness in these scopes are in the optic lens. Good news is the optic lens is easy to remove and clean. Using the diagrams in the book I removed my optic lens using a small strap wrench, and cleaned it. This removed 90% of the cloudiness in my scope in a matter of 5 minutes. I went from having a scope that was so cloudy that you could only see through it in very bright conditions, to a very clear scope, which makes the gun a pleasure to shoot. Here are a couple of after cleaning photos, wish I had taken a before to show just how cloudy the optic was. You literally could not see through it:

https://www.milsurps.com/images/impo...DVWpp5X2-1.jpg

https://www.milsurps.com/images/impo...PvmSgsX2-1.jpg

4. Avoid Ads - Become a Contributing Member - Click HERE
    Last On
    12-13-2020 @ 05:31 PM
    Local Date
    09-23-2024
    Local Time
    12:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest T View Post
    Good news is the optic lens is easy to remove and clean

Thx for the info man, super good to know!!

+ Reply to Thread