Quote Originally Posted by browningautorifleicon View Post
Never even heard of it.
Me either Jim,
A lot of us have bought carbine parts from a Frenchicon seller named Nenel3 on Ebay. Good legit parts. I seen what he has advertised as a Oiler for the .45 on a European site. Looks something like the carbine oiler. But I believe longer and has a wider diameter cap. I started searching because I'd seen a very early 4 digit Inland M1 carbine with what looked to be the same type oiler because of the over sized cap. So was investigating.

Sellers translated Description:

RARE REGULATORY BRASS OIL BOX FOR PA 1911 (COLT 45).

SIMILAR IN SHAPES AND DIMENSIONS, EXCEPT THE PLUG, TO THE FUTURE OIL BOX OF THE USM1 RIFLE.

In the Q and A area he was asked about it's time usage... Which he answered Pre - Post WWI.

Quote Originally Posted by green View Post
Sounds like a US Krag oiler.
Green,
I found a Krag Oiler listed at Sarco. I believe You nailed it. It sure looks the same, just a different style checkering on the cap.

Nenel3's Listing picture:

HUILIER LAITON COLT 45 TIR,TAR USA - Kit de nettoyage et entretien (471735)

Sarco Krag Oiler:

Krag Oiler - SARCO, Inc

The Inland was so early with the I cut oiler slot it got me thinking about how they initially had planned to use a Oiler shaped like that I cut that would have a fixed base and twist off top with diameters bigger than the tube diameter.... like this ( I ). Thought I had seen a 'Compromised Prototype' where the wide base was dropped.

Also was wondering if it was another compromised T Top Oiler to use in the carbine, a variation so to speak of the M2 Hyde-Inland sub machine gun. See picture attachment:

I was hoping I'd follow up and find something new and exciting. But I'll call it a win because I can quit chasing it.

Only other question is the oiler in the Inland was marked ( I ) on top, now curious who made it. I'll try the Krag boys up top. Can sure burn up some time being curious... Hell I've never even held a Krag !

I'll pass this information on to the owner of that Inland. Not sure how that will go over

Thanks Again, Sure Appreciate the help.

Ch-P777