Quote Originally Posted by browningautorifleicon View Post
It's rivetted to the bottom of the magazine floor. Look inside the magazine to the rear for the opposite hole for the rivet.
Thanks, will do it.

---------- Post added at 08:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by butlersrangers View Post
Your Kragicon action probably already has the 'guide lip' in place.

The rivet that anchors it in place is almost invisible, so the part seems integral with the receiver.

BTW - U.S. Krag Barrels were completely finished, ('clocked' threads & index marked, front-sight base brazed on, rear-sight holes drilled & tapped, proofed & marked, chamber completed, extractor-notch cut, and rust 'browned'/blued).

The Krag barrel never met its case hardened receiver, until the completely finished barrel was screwed on to the receiver and the index marks lined-up.

Krag barrels were basically made "interchangeable". 'Finish chamber-reaming', after barrel installation, and fitting the bolt were not required, like nowadays.
Awesome, one less thing to worry about, I have a no go gauge for the Krag.

---------- Post added at 08:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rcathey View Post
My krag has had three barrels on it.
The original that had been drilled out to deactivate it.
The replacement that I cheaped out on and had a bad bore.
The second replacement with a good bore.

All three indexed properly and the two replacements showed no signs of excessive headspace. From a manufacturing standpoint, that’s frankly AMAZING.
Amazing for a 100+ year old barrel, mine is still in excellent shape. Thanks.