Threaded View

Last On
    04-18-2024 @ 08:34 PM
    Local Date
    06-01-2024
    Local Time
    02:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ssgross View Post
    going to get some pictures of the bore posted today, then scrub and take some more pictures.
    My lee 3 die set came in. Can't find any 110gr bullets in stock anywhere. I have several thousands of 308 in 150gr and up for all my other milsurps - but no help for my carbine. I guess I have some time to wait for brass to be available to.
    Looking up load data - I'm well stocked in powder...but for all my other milsurps. I have a boat load of Accurate No. 7 on hand and, depending on what order the shortages start ease, I may give it a go. Found this post (#8 and #10) https://www.thehighroad.org/index.ph...arbine.572269/. I will try to confirm with my own email to accurate before trying.
    It may be a while before I hear this rifle sing. I might try some trading in the WTT forum - what I need for what I have in bullets and brass at least.

#7 is a slow burning pistol powder and might work, but I have never tried it in a carbine load. You will need to secure some rifle powders like W296 or H110. There are others as well. I’d just go to the powder manufacturers web site for load data.

Search out “Xtreme” bullets. Myself, as well as others here, have used these plated bullets at speeds not-to-exceed 2,000fps with satisfactory results.

2. Thank You to floydthecat For This Useful Post: