Quote Originally Posted by ssgross View Post
You will have a lot of fun, even if it is a part's queen. In many cases the mix of parts is part of the service life - but almost impossible to know if parts were mixed by an an arsenal overhaul, by an armorer in the field, or by a collector. To me, it doesn't matter. It's all part of the life of an amazing piece of history, and does not in any way diminish the pleasure I feel in a live, historical experience holding wood in hand at the firing line letting my imagination run. My kids and I like to invent stories for how every little ding, scrape, or mixed part made it on the rifle. It's all part of the fun and enjoyment of keeping these rifles going.
Just my 2 cents. Let us know how it shoots!
I'm ok with a parts queen - kind of like the 429 SCJ Torino out back (figuratively, though I did have one at one time) with the shaker intake with no matching numbers, but all NOS replacement parts - still runs down the road with authority!

Glad to hear you say all that, it's how I choose to romanticize historical objects - there are so many paths a story can go.

Probably wont be for a bit, but I will certainly provide a range report when I have one.