+ Reply to Thread

Thread: World War II British BSA No. 4 Mk I (T) Enfield Bolt Action Sniper Rifle with Matchin

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size

Hybrid View

Last On
    05-04-2024 @ 01:45 PM
    Real Name
    Robert
    Local Date
    05-27-2024
    Local Time
    03:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Payneicon View Post
    Looks honest enough. Originally had a Houghton Butcher Mk1 scope on it & then rescoped twice with Mk3's. Do you have any pix of the rifle body (preferably with the scope off) & the bracket? It's a Rose Brothers bracket but with a few more views we might be able to tell you a little more. As mentioned before, if the (presumed) old rifle serials on the bracket have not been barred out then it likely has been rescoped by a civvy. The military always bar out & rematch.....

A little atypical that the rifle serial stamped into the business end of the forend is present both around & along the stock. On 4T's it is usually along, & stamped in a little further rearwards, just behind the wood subcontractor's identifying logo/code/initials. Serials applied around the camber of the forend are more typical of standard issue rifles.

No doubt about it though, rifle, scope & bracket all look tidy enough. Have you had a chance to take her out & put a few rounds through her yet?
    Haven't had a chance to put any rounds downrange, I only just received it this week and it is from a Rock Island Auction back in mid December.

2. Thank You to Martiy1971 For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread