Yes, my No.4 7.62 CONV turned up, and I am overall happy with the rifle. Looks like it went through Fulton's hands at some point (has the "regulated by Fulton's" mark). The magazine is unnumbered, but has "J.M.D.P." electropencilled on the side. Any ideas what J.M.D.P. might mean? Can't be someone's initials, can it?? A rail has been installed on the forend in a professional manner, presumably at the request of a civilian owner. I will add photos when I am more wide awake. What had me annoyed is the fact that the arm for the aperture on the PH 5C rear sight has been bent, as shown in the photo. Wasn't evident on the photos sent to me by the seller, and I didn't notice until I got the rifle down and stripped it for cleaning. Is there any way to bend the arm back into correct alignment, or it is toast? Looks like it must have taken quite a whack to bend the arm so much, but I see no damage that would suggest such a blow. Have already contacted the seller, but I am not holding my breath. Before I forget, the numbers on the rear sight do not match, so I am also a little miffed by that.

Attachment 88319
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.