Hello gents - I've acquired this Germanicon telescope that I believe is military. I post here for two reasons. The first is to find a bit more information as to whether or not this is a military scope, and if so, when this would have been used and on which platform.

The second is I see that this scope seems to be mated to a specific rifle. Maybe a quick forum search will bring the owner to this thread in years time. I'd happily part with it if it meant an original configuration would be possible for someone else.

I paid $190 for this. I'm not sure where that sits deal wise but it was worth it to me. I removed the two lenses on end but stopped there. I am a watchmaker by trade and know when it's time to put the tools down. The optics are cloudy but the elevation works very well, threads are intact, and outside lenses very clear. The interior lenses are very cloudy and I was wondering if there's a non destructive way to go about cleaning these. I can see that this interior lens unscrews with some sort of long spanner but I'm not going to fashion one and give it a go. I'd much rather have someone who knows what they're doing have a look.

Does that exist these days? I've heard the horror stories about Iron Sights. Anyone else around?

Many thanks to you all.

For search purposes. This is matched to GEWEHR NO 1511

Attachment 117306Attachment 117305Attachment 117304
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.