Does anybody have access to (or, ideally, a pdf of) the CES and/or illustrated parts catalogue that was in effect at the end of the L42A1's service?

I think it would be useful to have on-hand to answer future questions about changes to the CES over time.

My specific question is about the lens brush and lens cleaning tissue that were used in the CES in the late 1980s.

Paper: One member here posted a photo of his CES with a sealed box of 1000 lens cleaning tissues. But his tissues were marked 6640-99-252-8549 instead of the number in my September 1973 CES reprint, 6640-99-961-4068.

Brush: Was the famous, scarce, field-shortened Brush, Artists, Flat Lacquer 1/2 inch (8020-99-943-0422) shown in my 1973 version really a CES item for the entire life of the rifle, or did the Britishicon Army later replace it with a purpose-designed lens cleaning brush, perhaps the Brush, Dusting, Lens (7920-12-120-0355) that looks so nearly identical to the original that one would think it was a deliberate copy?

I'd love a scan of the latest/final CES and/or parts catalogue, to answer these burning questions and others that pop up from time to time.

Any suggestions?

Also, my L42A1 arrived yesterday and I would like to post photos. What are the right photos to post?

Trog
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.