Hello All,

Submitted my serial number to Simon for a history search (thank you, Simon), and he was unable to turn up my serial number. He suggested i post some pics here for an expert opinion. Rifle began as an M47C in 1945, converted in 1971. The "T" is faint, and the rifle use. My camera died last night, so I only got a handful of pics. There are patches to the heel and toe of the stock. It is an "N" length stock. No "S51" stamp. The small 's' is visible on the right side, below the bolthead. The forearm is a replacement (?). The old number x'ed out appears to be L32431, but it is faint and hard to read. A new serial number, V39964 has been applied below it, x'ed out as well, and the new serial number V399641 applied between that. The serial number V399641 apears on the butt socket. Seems kind of long. On the inside of the scope bracket is a small 2 inside a circle. Bracket carries serial # V399641. Scope pads are soldered in place. Any ideas? Kind of scared me when Simon was unable to locate my serial number. I had an immaculate L42A1 back in 1992. Had a bad divorce and had to sell it. Regretted it ever since. Picked this up last year for a cheap $4000. It did come with a rifle chest and scope can, which are both covered in several layers of paint. They both match the rifle and scope.

What do you all think?
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.