Greetings To All,
I have a question concerning Chinese Fasctory Code 916. Does anyone know anything about this factory - like if it is somehow associated with Factory 26 in some way? The reason why I'm asking is because I'm really impressed with the quality of workmanship concerning this gun and I'm wondering if it is related somehow to this Factory 26 which I've heard so much about. I'm thinking that it must have been manufactured sometime around 1965 give or take a year. It is in serial number range 1,5xx,xxx but it exhibits some interesting qualities that makes it difficult to date. It has for instance a spike bayo, a one-piece gas tube, a short barrel nut, a side swivel, lightening cuts on the bolt, and a milled receiver but it also looks like it has a chrome chamber which I thought was a later feature and it also has a stamped trigger guard. I have heard so much about Factory 26 and the quality of markmanship there but I have never heard of Factory 916 and I can't help but wonder if these two factories are possibly related - based simply upon the quality of workmanship of my gun. If anyone has any information that would provide me with some insight as to the history of where my gun was made, I would be most grateful in hearing what they have to say. I look forward to receiving your replies. Thanks in anticipation.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.