Hello everyone, I'm new to your Forum but I have enjoyed all the great knowledge and expertise I have already seen here. I bought a bunch of gun parts last fall and in the bunch I got an M1905 R MK.II and I determined that due to how the safety is made from pictures of the different models you guys have posted. Here's my dilemma, I got everything except the stock and magazine well for this weapon. It looks like someone just pulled the Barrel and receiver off and threw the rest away. I thought about trying to find a stock and put it all back together and adding it to my collection. Well it's the only one of these neat little rifles I have ever seen so finding a stock reasonable enough someone on a fixed income can afford in this neck of the woods is probably slim to none chance. Due to both of my shoulders being destroyed I couldn't shoot the thing even if I did. I checked with one of the vendors I get Laminated stocks from and believe it or not they actually had stocks ready to go for the Ross. I am going to try and put some pictures here for you guys to look at but unless someone can convince me I need to keep it I guess I will put it on here for Sale or trade and let you who are collecting them give it the home it deserves. Here is what is stamped on it that I can find: Ross Rifle Co. Quebec. Canadaicon 1905 Patented (stamped on left side of Breech). Bolt has Number 338 stamped on it. Barrel has number 261 with the & character stamped near it. The vernier Sight reads on the backside Canada Tool & Specialty Co - 70, New Glasgow N.S. One of the pictures I am going to post has the Proof marks in it. So help me out guys so this little guy can find it's proper home. I ran the old cleaning rods through the barrel and the rifling is still in great shape and was surprised to see the micro grooving in the lands no wonder they are super accurate plus all the twist it has too. It has not been rechambered either. Have a great day everyone.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.