I purchased a Kragicon rifle (1890) that had been refinished both metal and wood. And sadly, the metal appears to have been in first rate shape before refinish with no pits or scratches showing. The stock shows several repairs where wood was replaced. The stock was finished with a poly finish and shines. The story was that the rifle was used in the movie about the SpanAm war. Could be but I bought the gun and not the story. As I remember, I paid $250 for it. It will never be a collectors gun due to the metal refinish but I still would like it to look as original as possible.

Boyds makes a replacement stock and I am considering restocking due to the wood repairs to the original. I could strip the originals poly finish and put BLOicon on it but the wood repairs are quite visible. I am seeking the opinion/advice of the board as to this action. Also, I seek anyone who has experience using a Boyds Krag stock. (I have used their commercial stocks without problems and find the products a good buy for the money, fitting perfectly and finished as I like them.) Pitfalls and problems? Thanks in advance, John McP
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.