1. It appears that you are you're enjoying our Military Surplus Collectors Forums, but haven't created an account yet. As an unregistered guest, your are unable to post and are limited to the amount of viewing time you will receive, so why not take a minute to Register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to our forums and knowledge libraries, plus the ability to post your own messages and communicate directly with other members. So, if you'd like to join our community, please CLICK HERE to Register !

Already a member? Login at the top right corner of this page to stop seeing this message.

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size

Threaded View

Contributing Member
    Last On
    05-16-2024 @ 07:42 PM
    Local Date
    05-18-2024
    Local Time
    07:06 AM

Hiscock Parker magazine

They say things come in three's .....

Been after one for some time but to me the price they demand is too much, didn't have much of the collecting funds left after a few recent purchases but couldn't let this one go, considering it come with the rifle (Which I didn't want) it was a excellent deal, the rifle itself is nice example but not a Military trainer (a commercial SMLE converted to .22. so its back for sale minus the mag)

The main reason is I wanted to reproduce one, certainly got the machines etc to do it, plan on a precise copy and then to try and simplify it and produce a modern version, not trying to re invent the wheel but a few comers could be cut, and lighter materials used.
    Not a priority at present but hope to make a start sooner than later.

It is a heavy bit of kit but well designed (definitely designed thinking outside the box), I just think the forces used to load a round are a bit overpowering, you are in fact fighting against 3 spring forces. Being an Engineer and probably like most others when we produce something for ourselves we tend to go a bit OTT regarding strength, quality and durability, same happened here I think, with a few lighter springs it it may have had a longer service life......

A few pics below, may help to understand the process, the spring in the mag itself is purely for the loading ram, the heavy spring is concealed but operates the the two forks which are basically the .22 follower spring, the last is shortened spring I guess from a .303 mag ?

Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.

2. The Following 18 Members Say Thank You to bigduke6 For This Useful Post: