Real Name
    Mr Clark
    Local Date
    06-02-2024
    Local Time
    01:25 AM

My Mk2 Sten

Morning all,

This is my old spec deactivated Mk2, she was one of a tiny number deactivated in 1988 with a removable barrel. Birmingham Proof House certificated and stamped.

I cosmetically refurbished her when I bought her a few years back as she had no remaining finish.

Sensitively deactivated, she has a clear, but over bored and slotted barrel, the breech block has the fixed FP and cartridge supporting face machined away and the extractor has been removed, all in all a very neat job.

Another Charnwood Ordnance deactivation, I don't think I ever found one of their deactivations that I wasn't thoroughly impressed by the high standard of the work carried out.

As UKicon collectors know, Old spec deactivation standards can vary from extremely skilled and sympathetically applied, to looking like the village blacksmith "had a go" with a big hammer, a disk cutter and an out of control mig welder".

The S/n M78148 looks to me to have been re-stamped at some point in its life.
    She does have a vertical slot cut at the breech end of the cocking handle channel, I haven't seen this local mod before, but I can only assume it was to insert something to block the bolt travel as an additional safety for transport etc (see pic).

The bolt is Long Branch in origin, but has been with this Sten a long while, as this example was Birmingham Nitro proofed back in 1962.
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.

2. The Following 3 Members Say Thank You to mrclark303 For This Useful Post: