My wife wanted to go yard saleing today and inspired me to go along with "maybe you'll find a bayonet". I did find two last year but today we had no luck. I was driving home past a local antique "mall" that had a sale sign out front so we stopped in there.

They were still trying to sell the Yugoicon bayonet as a genuine Germanicon WWII bayonet for $60 frim so I passed on that one. I had told them it wasn't German the last time we were in there.

Anyway, I spotted a USN MK2 machete in there and asked to look at it. No sheath and the blade is a bit on the rough side. Handle looks good but when you look at it from the top or bottom there is some separation between the metal and the grips. The "sale" price is about $44.00 and I have no idea if this is a good price or not, I tried the usual searches and didn't have much luck. Those I did find were in very good condition with sheaths and priced considerably higher than this.

It isn't in such bad shape I wouldn't mind adding it to my collection but I don't want to pay $44 for a $15 machete if you get my drift.

Any advice would be appreciated. It did appear to be dated 1944 but the stampings were a bit on the faint side.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.