Ok guys, im new here and found you by accident. thank god. First off i'd like to say this seems like an EXCELLENT forum and lots of knowledgeable members. and i appreciate any help/advice you guys can throw my direction

i currently have on laway a $100 M1903 springfield mk1. i will have pics soon but now need help based on my description. the rifle has what appears to be a sporter stock with a rough cut halfway down a normal 1903 stock. no reaer sight, just a dovetail groove for one. has the front sight blade sporter post. No magazine follower or spring. aftermarket barrel with no markings, but has no pitting and throat erosion did not look to bad. plus rifling appears strong and could not see rust or pitting. reciever has been drilled and tapped for a scope, the bolt has no markings and is a of a curved style almost like a "J". my question is, is this worth $100? im trying to do a BASIC restore to MY liking. basically a shooter in an original 1903 stock and thats about it really. i would like sights too. i was concerned as there way no markings on the barrel however. i already put down $20 deposit on it and owe $86 more. so is this a good deal? sorry for no pics yet guys. let me know! and i will answer any questions you have and appreciate any responses.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.