About a week ago I asked a question about parts in the white, and was kindly directed to a site w/ a fairly complete list of parts/sn's. I checked it out and now my question, does this rifle seem fairly original?
The story goes like this...A friend's lady friend knew a widow wanting to sell some of her late husband's guns. He was a WWII, armorer, twenty year vet, died recently, rip old Soldier, God will bless you for your service, no doubt. I offered to take a look and ended up spending way more money than I could reasonably explain to my wife to buy 4 guns.
Anyway, this is an 830k M1icon. I believe it is a piece of history, no indication it ever saw a depot after the war. Stock is sanded (dam!), no cartouche but a faint circle P up close to the trigger cut out, cant tell if it was serifed. Slant cut clip latch feature. Single slot gas cylinder lock screw. Gas cylinder and lock may have been wire brushed, but the front sight retains thin park. Narrow base front sight w/ screw cover. No chrome on the barrel, gauges 1 3/4 TE, 2 MW by CMPicon gauges. Short fork spring. -11 follower, -9 safety. I think that is a type II lockbar? Op rod latch and hammer plunger were white w/ no indication of wire brushing. I will let the pictures speak for themselves, and hope the resident experts will chime in.

Thanks in advance for your opinions.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.