I also posted this on the CMPicon forum, so I apologize in advance for cross posting...I thought it worthwhile to share.

I've had a love-hate relationship with M1917's. Hit or miss bores, from shot out to just OK shape. The styling cues, more bumps and humps...all function and lacking some form of the 1903 Springfield. The rear ladder sight is much easier to shoot from.

Resignation had set in, that the chances of finding a 1917 in great shape, with a bore similar to that of a M1icon Service Grade was pretty much not going to happen...given age since production and time in service. This week my opinions all changed, and I have the Canadianicon Military and previous unknown custodians to thank.

I took a chance on a rifle with few pictures, and somewhat vague description. Turned out to be a pretty nice Canadian return, with no import stamps. The whole rifle is Remington, save for the bolt which is a mix of Eddystone and Winchester in original finish. I was amazed at the color of the bluing and the machining was so crisp when not parkerized over and the tooling marks are blasted away. The stock, which may be original has two minor expert repairs that are hard to spot. The original barrel is bright like a mirror, less than a "0" at the muzzle and less than a 1 on the throat. Best bore I have seen personally seen on a M1917. No import marks that I could find.

[img]"http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd281/ttraxler/Blue%201917%20Remington/Blue1917018.jpg[/img]

<br/>
7</body></html>

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.