I have had this piece in my small collection for some time but haven't gone to the internet to get much information on it until recently. From what i've learned so far it is a sporterized Kragicon "Stomperud" built in Norwayicon under Nazi occupation.

Pretty neat piece regardless of it being sporterized. I measured the barrel at 21-1/4", does that mean it was likely cut short?

A side question, I am trying to put a value to my entire gun collection for insurance purposes. I have zero interest in selling this rifle and I know that the sporterization of it significantly diminishes it's value. Nonetheless, can anyone put a ballpark value to it?

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

Forgot to add, still in 6.5x55 calibre, fantastic shooter I've only had it out once. It sat in my grandpa's closet from about the mid 1950's until it was given to me approximately 5 years ago.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.