Please be cautioned on using SR4759 in any powder measure if you are not weighing every charge. Due to the size of the powder dimensionally, you could very well over charge a case or under charge it and not know it. This happened to me on using cast bullet loads in 30-06 and upon checking the loads in the loading blocks with a light, I found some cases were visually not correct. Upon re-weighing those cases I found that they had more and some had less of a powder charges.
I am using the RCBS UNIFLOW unit and it seems that due to the powder dimension, powder can hang up at times. Even though you are using the exact same pressure when working the measure, powder can and will hang up due to it's dimension.
Upon weighing the charges, there was a 10 grain difference and let me tell you that after firing one of these cartridges, my shoulder told me there was something wrong. The powder is a cylinder tube of sorts and can cake up in the measure, so please be mindful of what could happen if you don't get the correct measure. It sure was a eye opener for me!
Matt
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.