I plan to put my IHC Garandicon for sale on the WTS Shopper. I know not how to do pics so will describe the rifle. I seek the advice on price from those more knowledgeable than I who have helped me in the past on the former Shooting Page.

The receiver is IHC SN 4450XXX with the postage stamp type of heel logo (most common of the IHCs), barrel is LMR 4/53, receiver leg is electro-stenciled 9-65, hammer is SA, rear peepsight shaft is stamped NM, I was told stock is International wood but I think it is SA.

Although stock has that "indentation" on the right side of the receiver heel, two things makes me doubt it is IHC: 1. the area of the pistol grip and comb is not as steep as the pic in Scott Duff's book but more akin to the gradual sloop of an SA stock. 2. the numbers 9547 is stamped in the stock barrel channel (I don't think IHC made Garands in 1957, 7 being accepted as the year of manufacture).

The stock is in very good condition, appears dark speckled, mottled, near-tigerstripped (my description) but is attractive in my opinion.

Muzzle wear is a hair more than 2.5 on my .30 gauge.

I rate it on par with CMPicon service grade rifles. I have never seen an IHC SG priced on CMP so have no idea what a fair price would be. The finish on the metal look to be at least 70% in my opinion. Bore is shiny with strong lands and grooves. Thanks for your help in this matter.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.