Thread: Are the people at your range nice or mean?

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size

Threaded View

Last On
    12-26-2020 @ 04:32 AM
    Local Date
    06-01-2024
    Local Time
    10:29 PM

Are the people at your range nice or mean?

The folks at my range are just downright mean, I understand that with ranges closing all over, their membership has increased significantly, but that doesnt mean they have to be jerks about it....

Took the day off from work, and got there 15 minutes early, and set up on a table and waited. A few minutes later all these "senior" members started strolling in (and by senior I mean in both age and membership to this club). I was told in no uncertain terms that friday mornings are "their" time at the range, and I would not be allowed to shoot until they were done. Apparently its some...I knew this was BS, and a case of older members throwing their weight around (other than offical CMPicon mathces there is no "reservations", but not really being in a mood to argue, and having handguns with me, I moved all my stuff to the handgun range...I had just set my stuff down, when one of the "senior" members runs over and starts giving me heck about not putting my range flag up to show that the pistol range was now occupied. I kindly told him that as soon as I had put my shooting bag and gun cases down and had free hands I was planning on doing just that. His response "well I just wanted to make sure you knew that", and he stormed off (been a member at this range for three years, and am fully aware of the procedures).

I shot off a box of 50 rounds of 45 LC, and went around the back to the port-a-potty to relive myself. While back there the all clear buzzer sounded, and started walking up to put up the "all clear" flag, when I hear a chorus of yells from downrange. It seems the old boys club started walking down range, saw that the all clear flag was not up in the pistol range yet, and started yelling at me again for not changing the flag on time.....

Its usually something at this place....One time I got yelled by a "range master" for picking my rifle cases up to leave when the all clear flag was up, I was pretty much told that "there will be no picking up of anything when the all clear is sounded". Before the all clear had sounded that time, I had put my guns in the cases, and put them behind the firing line in preparation to leave.

Another time I was there with my dad a few months before his death. A year earlier he had signed up for a lifetime membership, but they sent him a one year sticker for his membership card, not the lifetime membership sticker. He didnt notice, I didnt notice, but the rangemaster that day noticed and would not allow him to shoot without paying the $20.00 guest fee. My dad at that point was 75 years old, and could only get around with the use of a cane....couldnt carry his guns to the bench, etc...

Are all ranges this bad these days?
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.

2. Thank You to glocke12 For This Useful Post: