Hey first post here, thought it would be a good place to get a question about identification answered.

Just picked up a Save No4 from Joe's Sports in Renton Washington. Other than the dirt its in decent shape. US Property is clearly visible, the "S No4 Mk1*" is a little hard to read, some pitting in that area but it is obvious what it is. Serial # is 67C60*** so around late 1943-1944 manufacture I think.

There is what appears to be a either an elaborate "C" or a Crescent moon stamped on the left side of the reciever farther towards the barrel from the "S" mark. There is also a "P" on the magazine which appears to be painted rather than blued and does not match the bolt or the reciever S/N. Old S/N is scratched out and my rifle's S/N next to it.

I can't find what the Pakistani government marks are and I don't own an Enfield book but I think I may soon. Anybody have any idea what these marks might mean?

Any help is appreciated.

Gee
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.