http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...s/000_0036.jpg

Took my Remington 597 semiauto with Tasco Pronghorn scope out in the back yard for some fun today. Not an expensive or collector interest rifle, but lots of fun and a great rifle for a kid or lady learning to shoot. This thing got my wife more interested in shooting (and therefore more interested in supporting my habit), she has a great time with it shooting cans or turkey head targets in the back yard. Have had very few jams with any ammo in this rifle, very reliable.

Today I used Remington "22 Target", "Standard Velocity" lead round nose ammo that comes in the 100 pack. I put about 12 rounds to carving out the center of the shootnsee target at 60yd. I found this stuff is more accurate than the Federal 550 Value Pack copper plated 36 grain stuff (1260 fps). However, I got a bunch of the Federal Value Pack bricks for $13.00 each at Walmart some time ago, now are running like $20 everywhere, so cant complain about them, accurate ammo for plinking.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.