Hello All,
I've decided to jump into the ring of Milsurp bolt rifles (again) and purchased a M91/30 w/ laminated stock. I have a couple of 03A3 Springfields but they've been converted into a target and hunting rifle(best hunting rifle I have). I know I'll probably get struck by lightning by the gods for converting those rifles but the Mosin, I plan leaving alone. I haven't received it yet (this weekend) but I can see the front sight is adjustable foir windage by drifting the base. is it also adjustable for elevation? The rifle club here has milsurp shoots at 200yds and I wanted to use the Mosin. Do they make longer front sight posts if needed?
I've seen in You Tube that some people have relieved wood to "free float the barrel w/ a piece of cork gasket material in the front to give a little upward pressure to the barrel. Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever glass bedded the action to the stock?
As far as using milsurp ammo w/ corrosive primers, I guess windex or soapy water is the treatment to remove the salts, correct? Any other methods? What kind of accuracy are folks here getting with them? Anybody handloading for it? Any recipies? Maybe one day I reload for it. Thanks...
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.