I'm not really much of a bolt fan but the local shop had this T38 sitting in the consignment rack. The owner dropped the price a couple of times, and I just plain got tired of looking at it. Compared to most of the Arisakas I've seen at the local gun shows, this one is downright minty.
From what I can discern by the markings, it's a Nagoya Arsenal, series 28. Right in the middle of the allotted serial range but who can say if it's right in th emiddle of production. The bore is nice and shiny clean, the mum has been gound off but the bare metal has been blued. All the serials I can find match, there is no serial on the bayonet lug, might have just been worn off, I don't see any machining marks where it was ground off. The buttstock cap is a little strange, also.
I took it to the range the other day, but was a little alarmed by the bulged case and apparently ruptured primer. So just one shot. The round went thru the paper nice and straight, so I don't think it's been rechambered. I don't know about the ruptured primer, the firing pin protrusion dosen't look excessive, but I don't know of anyone who has armorer's gauges for the Arisakaicon to check it.
Anyway I hope it checks out, this will probablly be th erifle that gets me back into handloading.

Attachment 29567Attachment 29568Attachment 29569Attachment 29570Attachment 29571
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.