That Carcano I looked at the day I bought the K11 is still there taunting me. It's down to $100 and I could probably get it for less but don't want to make an offer yet.

It's a 38 short rifle in 7.35 with the folding bayonet set up but no bayonet. It's missing it's butt stock sling attachment but other than that isn't bad looking which is part of the problem I think. It's been refinished, the numbers don't match and the cartouches are just there enough to know they once were. I looked at the bore today. Strong lands and grooves but rust forming throughout. I doubt it's ruined the bore and will probably clean out nice.

This rifle is not calling out to me, yet I keep checking it out every time I'm out there. I have yet to add a 38 to my collection and as cheap as they tend to be, just not sure if I should pull the trigger on this one. $100 is getting slightly attractive however. It was started at $169.

Any opinions?
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.