Hi guys,

First post.

I collect surplus from all over. anywhere i can find it. last of which being the surplus store (since its over priced)

This jacket, i feel its a surplus item. I cant find any pictures of it online and it came with no US Army patches AND to top it off the brand/manuf tag has been removed.

That being said, its all green even the sewn in wool liner is green, which makes me think that if it was a hip fashion piece...which its not, the liner would not be green it would likely be brown or black.

Plus the buttons and zipper have no manufacturers logo this jacket literally looks like a gov issue jacket.

Please see the photos i have taken as well as the close ups on the buttons and inside.

Let me know if this is indeed a surplus jacket.

Many of my other surplus gear come with tons of "utility" pockets but no where for the hands to go. these actually have "hand pockets" but not lots of "utility pockets" so in that regard thats the only thing that makes me think this is not a surplus item.

That being said, not all surplus gear is for fighting/combat some gear is for flight crew and other jobs, this jacket is much warmer and heavier than it appears. its actually two jackets sewn together because the liner itself is very thick and has back stitching at the cuff neck and waist.

inside the arm pits you can see that is where the two jackets meet as there is a hem along the arms

Attachment 68344

Attachment 68345

Attachment 68346

Attachment 68347

Attachment 68348

Attachment 68343
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.