I have not purchased a mount yet, so that is still up in the air. I'm looking for a reasonably priced scope and I'm pretty new to "real" rifle scopes, so I'd like to get some input from some people. I'd like to be able to shoot 300yards at least, ideally 400-600 but I have to watch the price on the setup.

I'm open to looking for some used scopes if that is a decent choice. IDK if scopes can become damaged and be difficult to tell until sighting them in, so IDK if I should stay away from that or not.

If anyone can give me some ideas on what I should look for in a scope, I'd really appreciate it. I usually spend a lot of time researching this stuff but I have been so busy I don't have enough time to feel comfortable making a choice by the time I need to make a purchase.

Also, if you have a suggestion on the mount, I'd be appreciative to hear what you think. I'd REALLY like to avoid drilling & tapping b/c I don't want to damage this beauty, but ATM, I might not have any other option.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.