just thought you guys might want to know about the ammo. we got issued Hornady 168g A-Max rounds. #81170 lot #3090915. this shot very well in the Garands and 03's. I was a little concerned about the little plastic tips, but it all seemed to work good. Gary Anderson asked the group of us how we liked it, no one complianed. every one was happy. the box said 2700fps, but I heard someone say it wasn't that fast??? I have a few round left over, when I get a chance I'll put them through a chrony, and post the results.
on another note, they had rifles and carbines for us to look / buy. most were the run of the mill stuff. but one guy did get a WWII Garandicon with the right barrel, lock bars, SA/NFR stock. barrel was good, stock was a little beat. flat side op-rod and wide gas cyl. but not a bad find. they also had Garand, 1903,1917 barrels for sale. lots of stocks, they looked great too. the 03/A3 stocks were very nice. HXP ammo for sale, but only two cans per person. it went quick, but they only had a little of it.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.