02-07-2022 @ 11:09 AM
    Real Name
    Darren
    Local Date
    06-10-2024
    Local Time
    06:33 AM

Edmonton Airshow 2016, Villeneuve Alberta Canada

Over the weekend I had the opportunity to enjoy the second Edmonton Airshow with Premier passes as provided by my wife. It was technically a work day for her as we were there to host a few of her clients that were invited on behalf of her company.

Last year's show was quite good, however this year was even better as for the first time I got the opportunity to see both a P-38 Lightning and a P-51 Mustang fly.

Previous to this I had only ever seen a Mustang as a static display, and both were a great sight to see. US based Viper demo team did a salute to the 50th Anniversary of the US Air Force with a formation flight of the P-51 and the F-16 Viper, given the performance difference between the two craft, it was a very impressive bit of work.

As I wasn't planning to attend as a "full tourist" I only brought along pocket photography gear, (my mobile phone) but some photos are still quite good given the conditions and equipment.

I will upload them in a few moments.

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.
    - Darren
    1 PL West Nova Scotia Regiment 2000-2003
    1 BN Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry 2003-2013

2. The Following 8 Members Say Thank You to Sentryduty For This Useful Post:

Advisory Panel browningautorifle's Avatar
    Last On
    Yesterday @ 11:58 PM
    Real Name
    Jim
    Local Date
    06-10-2024
    Local Time
    06:33 AM
    In 1973 I stood behind Tangerine while she warmed up at the airshow in Windsor On. I thought it would be a unique opportunity to feel what real prop wash was like, and probably an experience not to be repeated. The next year I was in the army and well, that was just different.
    Regards, Jim

4. Thank You to browningautorifle For This Useful Post:

5. Avoid Ads - Become a Contributing Member - Click HERE
    Last On
    12-05-2022 @ 02:54 PM
    Real Name
    Donald
    Local Date
    06-10-2024
    Local Time
    05:33 AM
    Darren, nothing beats a good airshow.

Back in the late 80's I had a ride in Miss America, the P51D Reno air racer. Pilot was Joanne Osterud, what a great lady and pilot. My son also had a ride, think he was the youngest to fly in that plane, Joanne gave us a great ride. Went down the runway in Kelowna showing 423 mph. When asked by the tower her speed she said around 300, just in case there was a limit. LOL
    Why use a 50 pound bomb when a 500 pound bomb will do?

7. Thank You to enfield303t For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread