Hybrid View

Last On
    11-17-2023 @ 01:09 PM
    Local Date
    05-23-2024
    Local Time
    02:03 AM

Interarms MK's 6/7/8

Has anyone seen or know anything about these MK's ?I pressume Interarms must have made prototypes to actually offer them to the market place ?

ATB Kevin
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.

Advisory Panel
    Last On
    05-12-2024 @ 05:44 PM
    Abingdon, Oxfordshire. The home of MG Cars
    Real Name
    Peter Laidler
    Local Date
    05-23-2024
    Local Time
    03:03 AM
    Ah, yes........ My friend worked for this company. They made some L4 parts for Enfield under licence especially barrels. You can identify them by the 45 degree angle instead of a radius between the different diameters. They also had the logo INT on their parts but we suspected that they were all refurbished from stripped Brens. Even the 'new' L4 7.62mm barrels had reconstituted Mk2 and 4 gas blocks as evident by the JI the DE and CRD marks. Nothing wrong with that of course. Certainly the L4 type bipod sleeves (the bit that swivels on the gas cylinder) were all reconstituted from old bipods. because you could see the original BSA or DE or whatever marks in the hard to get at recess. The breech blocks also carried the NATO crack test mark too but I digress.

There is a strong belief that a large proportion of the L4A3's and 5's that appeared on the deactivated market in the 90's came from here as part of the clearout of their inventory. By then of course, nobody really wanted 'new' FTR'd Bren guns so there they stayed.

As for the other various calibres, next time I speak to 'Big John', I'll ask him. But as for the 'lightweight' version of a Bren they speak of, well there's really nothing lightweight about even a 'lightweight' Mk3 Bren at 19 pounds.

3. Avoid Ads - Become a Contributing Member - Click HERE
    Advisory Panel
    Last On
    05-12-2024 @ 05:44 PM
    Abingdon, Oxfordshire. The home of MG Cars
    Real Name
    Peter Laidler
    Local Date
    05-23-2024
    Local Time
    03:03 AM
    I looked at a big load of newish Bren spares today and the last batch of barrels and breech blocks bear the INT logo in a circle. However, one of the new INT barrels has a gas block marked JI.

A lot of the new piston posts are also marked INT but these are all the post 80'ish modified versions with the second sear bent.

FREE MEMBER
    NO Posting or PM's Allowed
    Last On
    04-10-2011 @ 03:48 PM
    Local Date
    05-22-2024
    Local Time
    07:03 PM
    Just curious as to when the advertisement above came about. It'd have been great to see how 5.56mm BREN fires. I wonder how they dealt with the magazine for the 5.56x45 ammo? Put a block in the magazine to fit the length?

+ Reply to Thread