Hey again everyone. I have assembled a lot of my dad's gear to display alongside some other items from his time in war. I already had his etool that didn't have its cover and his duffle bag when I started collecting. Just the other day while I was organizing my many pieces of militaria I picked up the bag only to feel something at the bottom. When I looked inside I couldn't see anything so I felt around and discovered that there was a homemade pouch that still had something inside. When I opened it there was a bundle of things wrapped in newspaper. Among them were some more surrender leaflets, some money, two field first aid kits, and the biggest score was the cover for my dad's etool. When I showed him everything I found he was surprised that stuff was still in there. He told me the last time he saw those things was when he packed up his duffle bag to leave for the states in 1968 and forgot to look in his bag when he got back. Now thanks to that discovery I have several pieces for a Vietnam War display and also thanks to my dad for keeping these items long enough for me to enjoy them for many years to come.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.