Today I was at the Kane County gunshow. I went there because last month I ordered a bunch of cast bullets from a vendor and had to pick up my order. As I was walking around, I went about looking at the various M1icon's that were out there. Same typical overpriced mixmasters, same over priced ammo, guys running to their cars with ammo paying premium prices.

There was one vendor that I came upon and his rifles caught me eye. He had a lot of neat stuff. He had a Colombian Madsen, had an SVT 40 sniper (repro), had a Mosin sniper, and then some M1 Carbines and Garands. Now I need another Garand like I need a hole in my head. But I looked and what caught my eye was a Breda that he had. So I picked it up, looked it over, saw that from the outside the rifle looked in very good condition. I opend the bolt, measured the TE and saw it was under a 2. Measured the MW and saw it was under a 1. It was more like .05. I saw that the barrel was a Dane VAR barrel. Took out the trigger group, all correct Italianicon. Looked at the oprod, correct Italian. The gas cylinder looks correct, but the lock is not a high hump. I don't know if it really needs to be to be correct. The stock has it's typical character of some minor dings and dents. The stock looks like a real dark walnut as does the front handguard. I think the rear handguard is beech. But, the color on all three matches very good, almost as if it was meant to be. I did notice a small little crack (repairable) on the rear handguard in front of the receiver. All in all I think I got a decent deal. With tax, I got it out the door for $1060. May seem like a lot, but I have seen these on auction for more. More like $1400-$1500. I definatley cannot wait to shoot it.

Here are some pics;

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

Mike
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.