Hello all, I would greatly appreciate any help at all in figuring out the background of my Belgian Made Hi Power that was made without serial numbers. There are lots of other markings on it, and from my own research I have been able to narrow it down to manufactured post WW2 but pre 1963 when the extractor became external. There was a reference to the cut-out or finger groove on the right side of the slide to assist take-down, but I don't remember when it was introduced or discontinued.

The big thing for me is that it was made with no serial numbers, but has had a serial number added recently (laser engraved), 3 digits only "009" on barrel, frame and slide.

There are some other mysterious markings stamped on the bottom front of the grip strap which read "LGK K" and "0048" and others that are barely legible and appear more hieroglyphic on the bottom heel of the grip.

I am told that some of these guns were manufactured without serial numbers for covert operations by certain governments...

The sad thing is the seller had no information and for privacy reasons would not put me in touch with the previous owner for any provenance.

Any help at all would be most appreciated. If anyone is interested in it, make me an offer.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.