I have read these forums for a long time, but I am a newbie in the sense that I have never made a post. Today I had an experience that I thought I would share. I went to a small local flea market today that on a good day one might find 100 guns, 70% shotguns and 25% junk. After 15 minutes I noted a table with two carbines. I asked what they were and if I might see them. I was told a Saginaw for $625 and a Winchester for $750. The guy said he knew nothing about them but had bought them from a friend. Both looked as if they had just come out of a dusty closet an had been there a long time. I bought the Sag, an S'G' #1863xxx with a good GI m-2 stock, a sling, and one U coded mag. I removed it from the stock prior to purchase, a true mixer. It did have a Rockola trigger guard. Not bad for the $560 he agreed too. The Winchester had about 50% finish, also a mixer with a win. trigger guard. the big surprise, it was a T marked Winchester receiver. What I did'nt understand is that it had a rough G.H.D. over U.E.F. with cartouche in a box, but a small w in the sling well. Why is it marked Underwood and Winchester! Is this common for the stock? What would the "T" coded receiver/rifle be worth? I got his # just in case! Sorry this is long, but I would appreciate any comments.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.