Today @ 04:57 AM
    Real Name
    Lance
    Local Date
    06-20-2024
    Local Time
    09:34 AM

New to me, No. 4 T

Just arrived this weekend, a new to me 1944 BSA with THC Mk III scope. Picked her up for a less than usual price so it was not too hard to convince the wife to let me spend the dollars.

She is all matching and in excellent to mint condition with the exception of the usual stuck adjustment dials. I do not know if THC used a different grease than AKS and CTS but THC seem always to be seized. So Peter be prepared to receive her for a tune up, she is already on the way to Brian's!

Of interest to the collector is the earlyish 1944 s/n, a C block s/n and a later Mk III scope. One could assume she sat around H&H for a half a year or more before being finished. (I have a D block with a mid s/n range HBM Mk II for example)

Also the Rose Bros. scope (lightly stamped JG) has a large "GF" stamped into the mount. This is my second scope mount with the large GF stamp. Any clues out there. Sorry no pic's forgot to take one before shipping the scope out.
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.

2. The Following 5 Members Say Thank You to Lance For This Useful Post: