Neighbor just brought over to me what looks like a Kragicon carbine. I can't post images yet as he took the carbine back to his house.

Carbine was refinished. No "P" or cartouche. Barrel 22 inches long. Humped hand guard. Looks like an 1896 sight with a "C" right above the number 19.

Sight is deep in the hand guard but I could see numbers 6 and a 5 on the left side. On the right was spaced graduations. Sight goes to 20.

Rifle is MODEL 1899. Springfield Armory. # 358448. No cleaning rod but three holes. No lighting cut.

Correct Krag sight but no "C"

Has unmarked sling swivels. However the main part of the swivel can be twisted and removed by lifting on a little silver pin. My carbine came with the same swivels and I was told that they were Mossbergs.

Forearm has the pinhole on left side with long tension spring on the right. Solid barrel band.

Did I miss anything? I did not want to take it apart but I am sure that I could if I got the owners permission. Carbine??..
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.